James Koehler, MD is a board certified cosmetic surgeon with an impressive list of academic and professional achievements.
His patients love him for his charm and warm sense of humor, and when you meet him, it is abundantly clear how sincere his interest is in each patient’s individual concerns. Supporting him, Dr. Koehler’s staff goes above and beyond to create an exceptional experience for every patient, no matter how big or small the concern.
Background and Training
- Dr. Koehler obtained his Bachelors of Science Degree with distinction followed by a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from the University of Alberta in 1994. He ranked first in his class and was awarded with the most prestigious ADA gold medal.
- Dr. Koehler attended Medical School at the highly respected University of Alabama and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1999, where he was awarded Alpha Omega Alpha honors and the Scholastic Achievement Award in Medicine.
- Dr. Koehler first became interested in a surgical career during a general practice residency at the University of Washington in Seattle. During his training at Harborview Medical Center, he found he was armed with the skilled hands and keen eye for detail required for the technical demands of surgery.
- After completing a general surgery internship, Dr. Koehler further pursued his interests in maxillofacial surgery at the University of Alabama, currently one of the top programs in the United States. He then completed a facial cosmetic surgery fellowship under the guidance of Dr. Peter Waite, a past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- Dr. Koehler accepted a faculty position at the University of Alabama School of Medicine to share his knowledge and experience with residents and students, and was honored to serve on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine for two years.
Dr. Koehler rounded out his training by completing an accredited full body cosmetic surgery fellowship at Tulsa Surgical Arts. During this fellowship program, he trained intensively in breast and body surgery, liposuction, endoscopic surgery as well as minimally invasive techniques. Continuing in the tradition of high standards and quality patient care, Dr. Koehler joined the cosmetic practice at Tulsa Surgical Arts and served thousands of cosmetic surgery patients there, before returning to Alabama to join Eastern Shore Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Koehler is dedicated to providing quality care in the field of cosmetic surgery. He has published book chapters and articles in the field of Cosmetic Surgery and lectures both locally and nationally.
You are always welcome to email Dr. Koehler directly with cosmetic surgery questions of any kind.