Liposuction can get rid of those stubborn fat deposits around the midsection or thighs, making it one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. Many people want to know what to expect after surgery. Will the results diminish over time? What happens if you surpass your post-liposuction weight?
Can Fat Return after Liposuction?
Good news! Liposuction removes fat cells. As long as you maintain your post-liposuction weight, the fat cells can’t return. However, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important for long-lasting results. Significant weight gain can reduce the effects of liposuction by producing new fat cells throughout the body, albeit with less fat accumulation in treated areas. Even with substantial weight gain, results are still favorable, as many people retain their overall post-liposuction shape and look better than they did before the procedure.
Optimize Your Results
For the best results, follow all guidelines set out by your cosmetic surgeon. Here are some additional tips to prevent the return of fat after liposuction:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. This is important for maintaining weight and overall health, especially post-surgery. Choose protein and vegetables over sugar and simple carbohydrates. Rather than skipping meals, try eating smaller amounts throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water can boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite, making it easier to stick to your weight goals. For an easy way to cut out empty calories, swap soda or sugary drinks for water.
- Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate, aerobic exercise per day to stay in shape. Hiking, biking, walking and swimming can all be great ways to get your heart pumping and your blood flowing! Over time, daily exercise will likely become easier and more enjoyable. In fact, those who have had liposuction tend to be more motivated to exercise and keep up a healthy lifestyle.
You may be able to limit some signs of aging by wearing sunscreen and staying in shape, but your eyes can show your years long before the rest of your body. This is because the skin around the eyes is softer and more delicate than the rest of the face. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, can reverse signs of aging by tightening baggy or puffy eyelids. Eyelid surgery can address common eye appearance concerns and restore a more youthful appearance. But can the results ever look as natural as simply having good genes?
How Can Eyelid Surgery Reverse Aging?
Eyelid surgery is intended to remove excess skin and fatty tissue around the eyes, as well as tighten and repair the underlying muscles. This procedure can be performed under general anesthesia or sedation with local anesthesia. Both the upper and lower lids can be treated to eliminate droopiness and bags, helping you look years younger and more alert.
How Long Is the Recovery Time?
Because the procedure is relatively simple with a short recovery time, you can easily pass off eyelid surgery as simply having good genes or sufficient rest! Sutures should be removed after just 4 to 5 days. Bruising is often minimal and can be covered with makeup. After just 5 to 10 days, you should be able to return to work looking well-rested. Coworkers and friends might not even guess you’ve had surgery!
Will My Eyelid Surgery Results Look Natural?
Eyelid surgery can give you a revitalized yet relaxed appearance. Scarring is unavoidable, but incisions are hidden within the natural crease of the eyelid or along the lash line so they heal to virtually invisible. Your upper eyelid should look smoother, and your lower lid should seem less puffy. For more information, ask your cosmetic surgeon how eyelid surgery can reverse aging and help restore your youthful glow.
As the date of your breast augmentation approaches, you may be starting to plan your pre-op prep. Your cosmetic surgeon will have provided some information on what you should and shouldn’t be doing before your breast augmentation but, if you’re in any doubt, it’s always best to double-check, particularly when it comes to what you absolutely should NOT be doing.
What You Should Be Doing
The day before your breast augmentation, there are some things you should be doing as you get ready for your appointment. As well as making sure you’re rested and ready to go, today’s prep should include:
- Choosing a loose, comfortable outfit to wear to and from the clinic. Don’t worry about a bra, as you’ll be given a post-surgical one to wear
- Packing some essentials such as bottled water, dry snacks, ID and some cash
- Taking your usual medications, apart from those which are dangerous to take at this point, like blood thinners. Check with your cosmetic surgeon if you’re in doubt
- Make sure you’ve had enough to eat and drink before midnight
- Confirming your transport to and from the clinic, plus childcare if required.
Don’t forget to make sure you’ve someone to look after you when you get home.
What NOT to Do during Breast Augmentation Prep
As well as making sure you do what’s mentioned above, you should take care NOT to:
- Eat or drink in the 8 hours prior to your procedure
- Search for breast augmentation-related stories on the internet, as you’re likely to make yourself more nervous
- Overthink the procedure. You’ll have discussed your concerns with your cosmetic surgeon before now, trust their expertise
- Smoke even a single cigarette. Just one can have a significant effect on the results of your breast augmentation and your recovery, so don’t risk it.