James Koehler, MD is a board certified cosmetic surgeon with an impressive list of academic and professional achievements.
His patients love him for his charm and warm sense of humor, and when you meet him, it is abundantly clear how he has the best interests of each patient near his heart. Supporting him, Dr. Koehler’s staff goes above and beyond to create an exceptional experience for every patient, no matter how big or small the concern.
Contact us online using the "Message us" feature at the bottom of our website or you can call us at 251-929-7850 to learn more about our practice or to schedule your consultation.
Background and Training
- Dr. Koehler obtained his Bachelors of Science Degree with distinction followed by a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from the University of Alberta in 1994. He ranked first in his class and was awarded with the most prestigious ADA gold medal.
- Dr. Koehler attended Medical School at the highly respected University of Alabama and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1999, where he was awarded Alpha Omega Alpha honors and the Scholastic Achievement Award in Medicine.
- Dr. Koehler first became interested in a surgical career during a general practice residency at the University of Washington in Seattle. During his training at Harborview Medical Center, he found he was armed with the skilled hands and keen eye for detail required for the technical demands of surgery.
- After completing a general surgery internship, Dr. Koehler further pursued his interests in maxillofacial surgery at the University of Alabama, currently one of the top programs in the United States. He then completed a facial cosmetic surgery fellowship under the guidance of Dr. Peter Waite, a past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- Dr. Koehler accepted a faculty position at the University of Alabama School of Medicine to share his knowledge and experience with residents and students and was honored to serve on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine for two years.
- Dr. Koehler continued his training and completed two years of Fellowship in full body cosmetic surgery in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- From 2006 to 2014, Dr. Koehler practiced cosmetic surgery in Tulsa, OK until he took over Dr. Bill Staggers plastic surgery practice in Fairhope to be closer to family in Alabama.
- He is Board Certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery in facial and body cosmetic surgery. He is also currently a Trustee for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
- Dr. Koehler served as the Chairman for fellowship training for the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and has trained numerous surgeons.
- He has served as a Board examiner for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and was the Committee Chairman responsible for formatting the maintenance of certification exam.
- Dr. Koehler has been Co-director for a number of live surgical workshops and has lectured on numerous topics on cosmetic surgery both nationally and internationally.
- In 2018, Dr. Koehler was nominated for the Stellar Patient Experience Award at the MyFaceMyBody Global Aesthetic Award in Beverly Hills, California.
- Dr. Koehler is active staff at Thomas Medical Center, Infirmary Health in Fairhope, Alabama and currently serves on the surgery steering committee.
View Our Gallery
See pictures of some of the women and men who have trusted Dr. Koehler for their cosmetic enhancement in our online photo gallery.
Telephone No.(251) 929-4051